Health and Happiness are Just a Few Breaths Away
Those who practice meditation consistently often experience greater levels of self-esteem and overall well-being taking their health and happiness to a whole new plane.
When I’m waiting in line at a coffee shop or food store, I sometimes do a standing meditation by focusing on my breath, relaxing, and letting go of any worries or thoughts. Before too long, the barista is asking for my order or it’s my turn to pay for my groceries.
The environment doesn’t always need to be quiet either. Learning to meditate when there are distractions can be a sign that you have reached higher levels of consciousness.
There are many benefits to adopting the practice of meditation. For me, reducing stress and improving my energy levels are at the top of the list. This is put to the test when I have all three grandchildren for a sleepover.
No matter what reason you have for wanting to meditate, the benefits will far outweigh the time it takes to meditate.
Still not convinced you want to start the practice of meditation. Here are some of the benefits which might convince you:
- Reduces heart rate and blood pressure
- Decreases muscular tension
- Balances blood sugar levels
- More restful sleep
- Increases happiness and joy
- Improves concentration and focus
- Improves total relaxation
- Awakens creativity
- Connects the body and soul
- Prayer becomes more effective
- Fosters a closer relationship with God (Source)
- Expands perception and consciousness
- Solving personal conflicts and difficult relationships
- Helping the body and mind to heal
- Starting out on the path to personal growth
- Discovering our true self